Five things for the week
- The above picture was featured on the utata.org front page. It was not a planned shot. I saw this scene when I took a short break to get a drink of water. The light and the look on my cat's face was too good to pass up so, I ran back to the office to get my camera. A few clicks later and this was the result. I'm happy with it and proud that it was featured.
- I like the juxtaposition of Halloween and Thanksgiving (and Christmas). Wander through a store like target and one weekend you'll see horror, gore, skeletons, witches, etc., and the same store the very next weekend will be trees, cute characters and animals, and family themed.
- I start a new (school) term tomorrow, and I'm nervous. I feel like I'm trying to squeeze something else into my life right now (I am) that I really don't have time for. But, this is necessary. It's necessary for my long term plans. I just need to build and stick to a routine.
- Relearned (is this a word?) a good lesson this week: when it comes to meat and seafood, pick it out yourself. Grocery delivery is awesome; it's both a timesaver and takes care of a chore I hate. The issue is when it comes to meat, seafood, and even some veggies. There are just some things that I need to see and pick out for myself.
- On social media, I'm trying to get into the habit of commenting in addition to liking/favoriting. I want to become more verbal (if that makes any sense). I can't be introverted online AND in real life (or, can I?).