Five things for the week
- Thursday was my two year work anniversary. Two years since I made the career choice that moved my wife and I from the west to the east coasts. I'll be reflecting on this a lot through this month.
- Needs more reflection (and perhaps a longer blog post): change... sometimes a collapse has to occur in order for the new to be built. That collapse is difficult. Extremely so. And not everyone survives it. Sometimes, even the builders themselves don't survive.
- I need to ground myself, again. Constant adjustment, actually. Just need to get my (wanted) routines running the way they should. Out of balance, out of whack.
- I can feel myself trying to "check out" for the remainder of the year but, obviously, this cannot happen. There is still so much that I need to complete both on the work and home fronts.
- Kate Tempest, "Ketamine for Breakfast".