Things to look forward to, and things not
Today is “travel day”. While you’re reading this (if you’re keeping up with the blog every day), I’m flying from Los Angeles to Seoul. The flight is just over 12 hours (and thankfully, direct), and Seoul is 17 hours ahead of Los Angeles. So, when I land does calculations my body will have no clue what time or day it is.
Here’s hoping that I’m sitting in my window seat, in a relaxed state, with no one else in my row. Or better yet, here’s hoping that a Korean Air attendent decided to exhibit extraordinary customer service by upgrading me to first class. Of course, I’ll update you on how it all went in my next blog post.
Things I’m looking forward to:
- Seeing parts of the country I was born in.
- Experiencing new foods, culture and people.
- Being a part of the Special Olympics World Games experience.
- Spending time with the GMS committee*
- It being as cold as people are telling me (though, I prefer being cold to being hot).
- Being on an airplane for twelve hours (I love travel but, flights over 5 hrs irritate me).
- Missing our cat (I know, when did I become a cat person, right? She’s in good hands, staying with Michelle’s sister until we get back).